The Young Canadian Sailor

The journal of a young Canadian and his career in the Armed Forces. Check out the archives!

Friday, July 30, 2004

 

One Week.

One week. It takes about one week from walking in a recruiting office to
starting Basic training. IN THE UNITED STATES ARMY.

Not just that: If I were to walk over to the US Consulate, I could fill out
the forms for a Greencard, then take a bus to Buffalo, and start a military
career in less than a month.

I can't say it isn't tempting, especially considering the horrible job I'm
going to have to take to pay the bills until the Canadian Forces get back to
me...

But I can't. Damn it, I'm a Canadian.

Of course, so are the Barenaked Ladies...



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?