The Young Canadian Sailor

The journal of a young Canadian and his career in the Armed Forces. Check out the archives!

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

 

Problems? Say it ain't so!

Well, they say if it weren't easy, it wouldn't be worth doing. If that's true, then joining the navy has been the most worthwhile thing I've ever done.

I need to pass a new Physical Test (because my last one was more than 6 months ago). There's only one catch.

See, this time, the civilian who administers the test has decided that I'm holding my elbows too far away from my sides when I do push-ups...

Huh? Not going down far enough, not keeping your back straight, these things I can see. But elbows?!? It's slightly more complicated than that, even. MY elbows are "double-jointed," meaning that I have a much larger range of movement with them then most people. Because of this, holding them at my sides during pushups mean I take most of my body weight on my wrists (really, you're just going to have to trust me on this one). I can barely do six that way. If I can place them where I'd like, I can do twenty, easy (the requirement is 19).

So, I've been spending the last week doing push-ups. Pretty much JUST doing push-ups. And I'll spend the NEXT week doing push-ups. My Physical is on the 14th, and while I figure I'm just going to have to try and negotiate which the PT guy, I also want to be in as good shape as I can, both for him, and for the instructors at Basic.

So that's why I'm too busy to post until the 14th.

Jake (hopefully O.S.) signing off.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?